Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Is this what parenting is like?

I feel like a have a child, and his name is Vladimir. My big fat cat named Vladimir has driven me to the point of insanity. I love my cat like a child, but if I have to replace my carpet because of him, so help me.

Vladimir has diabetes, it is controlled for the most part, but he needs to be checked once in a while. Well now he has a Urinary Tract Infection. Treatable with antibiotics, but to find out he had this we learned the hard way. He peed on my floor. Not just once, but about 4 times, in the same spot. So after a gallon of vineger and a gallon of natures miracle, I thought I had the smell under control, until last night.

Vladimir was being punished (and controlled) by locking him in a bathroom while we were away and sleeping. This was to prevent him from peeing on the floor. Well last night I let him sleep in bed with us again. This was a BIG mistake, he peed on my floor again. So I poured a half gallon of natures miracle on the spot this morning, we will see what the smell is like.

Vinegar and Natures Miracle are supposed to neutralize the smell to prevent the cat from peeing in the same place. Aparently Vladimir is immune to vinegar because he just peed on top of it. He also peed on top of tin foil and aparently cats are supposed to hate tin foil. I guess I am just proving that he is not a cat, but some creature from another planet with six toes.

I love my cat, but he is getting expensive and smelly :( I hope soon this is all figured out.